Monday, April 21, 2008

Marathon 2.0

This past week I officially registered to run my second marathon. The 2008 Twin Cities Marathon will be on Sunday, October 5th at 8:00am...about 5 months from today. Most normal people don't willingly choose to pay $100 for the priviledge of running 26 miles - but, we here at east coast mark have never proclaimed to be normal.

When I ran my first marathon last year, it was a very challenging yet rewarding experience. Sadistic as it may sound, I actually enjoyed the discipline and demanding schedule that training for a marathon requires. I was eating salmon 4 days a week, excercising 6 days a week, gave up drinking for most all of the summer, and even laid off the hookers and blow. I know - life is a series of compromises.

Along the way I dropped about 15 pounds, went through 2 bottles of Icy Hot, and became intimately acquainted with the blight of 'jogger's nipple'.

This year, two more of my buddies are going to be joining Paste and I - brining our mob up to 4 'runners'. Not since the first men's olympic basketball 'Dream Team' has such a finely tuned group of athletes been assembled as the 4 of us. Truthfully, not wanting to finish last in the group and be called 'fatty' for the following year is half the reason we all get out and train each week.

You'll be able to track my daily/weekly training runs with the little widget below, which will hereafter be anchored on the sidebar -->


No comments: