Friday, May 15, 2009

Your Weekend Moment of Zen - Color Me Badd

I came across this brilliant encapsulation of everything that was wrong with us in the 1990's - in this case it is musical super-group 'Color Me Badd' doing a cameo on crap-fest Beverly Hills 90210. It's like a severed head lying in the road...you don't want to stare at it, but you can't look away.

I'm not ashamed to say that Color Me Badd was the first Cassette Tape I ever purchased (1991). One thing was guaranteed in every CMB song - that the one dude with the luscious hair and stubble beard would start speaking Spanish in some Casanova whisper (this was their take on the Boyz II Men maneuver where the one big dude would always have a few talking lines in his overly deep bass voice).

Grab yourself a Zima, and have a walk down memory lane this weekend:


East Coast Mark is heading to Yankee Stadium to watch the Twins vs. Yanks. I'll post some shots of the new monolith if I make it out alive. (I'll be wearing this in all it's glory).

No comments: