In a press release this morning, east coast mark has formally endorsed former Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney, for President of the United States.
A few qualifications:
- Romney attended Stanford University, but left to do missionary work in France for 2 years
- Returned to the U.S., and graduated valedictorian of his class at Brigham Young University
- Next attended Harvard Law School, and graduated in the top 5% of his class
- Romney does not drink alcohol or smoke, and rarely swears
- Romney married his high school sweetheart, and has 5 sons and 11 grandchildren.
- Started Bain Capital, a Private Equity Firm, and built an estimated fortune of $250 Million
- Left that job to resurrect the troubled 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics. Romney contributed $1 million to the Olympics, and donated the $825,000 salary he earned as President and CEO to charity.
- Was elected Governor of Massachusetts, an overwhelmingly Democratic state
Below is a video to give a brief introduction to the man for those of you who might not be acquainted. What strikes me every time is his incredible poise, presence, and intelligence. My feeling is that if he is elected President, he has the potential to become the greatest President since Kennedy.
There are those who mock Bush for his lack of intelligence. There are those who can't fathom having a hot head like Hillary run a country. There are those who think Obama is too inexperienced to lead a nation. There are those who think Giulliani is a bit of a wild man.
For all those people, I present Mitt Romney as a candidate that is at least worth a look. Everything about him screams 'Presidential' - and thus east coast mark endorses both Mitt and his political views to lead our country for the next 4 years.
Over the next 11 months we'll periodically be presenting political commentary to help compare and contrast the various candidates - and help you become more informed on whom you choose to support. Republican or Democrat, intelligent conversation and discussion is the best way to raise the bar for all of us.