Monday, June 16, 2008

Neither Relevant Nor Newsworthy

Fight Club is one of my favorite movies, and if you'd be honest with yourself for just a moment - you'd realize that it's one of your favorites too. That said, I found this little clip that never made the movie nor any of the DVD special features. It's extremely awesome in a 7th grade sort of way.

You might want to turn down the speakers if you're at work, or if you're a Pastor. Makes me want to dust off my guitar and learn to play this, just because it's perfect for the after-bar party. Enjoy:



So why wouldn't this be included in the DVD special features? Even as a hidden easter egg? Well, apparently Frankie Avalon - who's original song 'Venus' was the basis for this clip, wasn't nearly as amused. The DVD Producer said,

"The Penis Song was something everyone wanted on the disc. Everyone, that is, except Frankie Avalon, who wasn't amused by the parody of his song Venus. He promised to sue if we used it, so there you are."
And, I say this with an unblemished record of heterosexuality - but Ed Norton and Brad Pitt are still two of my favorite actors. Nonetheless, I'm going to pass on The Hulk.

No comments: